Jon Vait Photography - September 2009

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sick Kiddies and Spiders!

Well, yesterday turned out to be rather eventful... The day began with puke, and ended with a Brown Recluse the size of Asia.

Cody had had a fever for about a day and a half, and lucky me, as soon as I finally get a system down that WORKS to get Tylenol into him (he's the biggest anti-medicine child you will ever meet)... He pukes the second it's down. Fabulous.

We finally got Skype working on my parents' end, so the kids enjoyed talking to them last night! Crazy how it was still broad daylight there when it was 1130pm here! I'm pretty excited that I successfully walked my dad through updating his blog. You can check it out at www.alaskaburtons.blogspot.com.

We're very lucky to live in a Military Housing area that actually cares about its appearance and our comfort. BUT. All of this construction noise is killing me. All of the houses are getting MUCH needed new windows. Ours should be put in sometime this week. But, this also means the kids get to listen to hammers and saws at 730am from their side of the house. Out my bedroom window, I listen to dumptrucks and forklifts at 645am. They are building a new Child Development Center down the hill, but need to dig a BUNCH of fill dirt out of the side of the hill 200 feet from my house so they can level out the building area. Sooo. We have been listening to dumptrucks FAR too early in the morning, for 3 weeks. The backhoe finally came off the hill today, so I'm hoping they're done. All of the dust they're stirring up isn't doing great things for my allergies, and I would really like to sleep normally in the mornings again. Cody comes in my room and says, "Mommy, it's too noisy. I sleeping!"

Now, about this spider the size of Asia.... I had to chuck the flat side of a huge hard-backed book at the wall to kill this sucker. It was no joke, bigger than a 50 cent piece. After it was dead, Chris took it to the neighbor's house to see what kind it was, and they voted Camel Spider. I, on the other hand, googled the stupid thing only to find that it really looks more like a Brown Recluse than a Camel Spider. Either way, they're both huge, and I would really rather NONE be in my house. Especially considering that Austynn loves to squish bugs with baby wipes. I'm a bit terrified that she's going to try to squish a poisonous spider, and we're going to have to drive 45 minutes in to the crappy hospital... If the housing office will ever answer their phone, I'm going to see what the skinny is on having the Bug People come spray for spiders like they spray for crickets at my parents' house.. Did I mention I've also killed 4 Wolf Spiders the size of nickels/quarters in the past 4 days? Ya. I'm a little bit done with spiders. I'm not generally squeamish around them, but these suckers that may or may not be poisonous, aren't really working for me.. Since Chris is deathly afraid of ALL spiders, it's all on me to kill them...

I measured the kids last night for my dad. Austynn is 33 3/4" and 25lbs, and Cody is 38 3/4" and 35lbs. I'm thinking they're going to be string beans just like Chris and I! (Thank you for the Skinny Genes Grandma B!)

Today is grocery day, so as soon as Chris gets home from work with the Tahoe, it's off to Carson City we go!

Toodles!





1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm, spiders are disgusting. Good luck best friend. Call me tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete