As if the whole "Couldn't find dad to go save Cole from whatever predicament he was in" ordeal wasn't enough for this week... I woke up to a phone call from Heather this morning. Crying. (Heather doesn't cry.) So I'm immediately wide awake about to have a panic attack. She found out very last minute that she had to go pick up our 10 tons of hay today. It had to be completely off the field by 4pm when the irrigation turned on! With mom and dad being in Alaska, she lined up two parents from Equestrian Team to help her, since she obviously can't do it herself. They were supposed to meet her at the hay fields at 9am. By 11, they still weren't there. And weren't answering their phone. Basically, they just completely bailed on her, knowing full well what her situation was. Heather called every qualified person in her phone to come help, and either nobody answered their phone, or they were out of town. Father's Day is NOT a good day to have a problem, come to find out..... I started calling everyone I knew that could help, but had no luck either. By this time, I was feeling incredibly helpless being 6 hours away.. I called my best friend Amanda to see if she could think of anybody else. She called more people and still had no luck. Finally, I became desperate and put up a Facebook post begging for anybody able to help, to please let me know. Within a few minutes, Jon, our Photographer (who is also a firefighter) writes, "Where do I need to be?" I didn't have his phone number, so I had Amanda call him. (He's her photographer too...) He said that he didn't know how much help he would be, but we assured him that one extra set of hands was better than nothing. Amanda and I got Heather calmed down, and she headed home with the first of 3 loads of hay. She drove into the driveway to see not just Jon, but two pickups and FIVE other guys there to help her.
When we told Jon that he was the hero of the day, he said, "No, I'm just doing the right thing." Really, I wish more people were like Jon! Doing the right thing just because it needs to be done! We are all SO greatful. He dropped everything he was doing on HIS day, Father's Day, to help a girl in need. It's tough to be so far away from home and unable to help your sister! I was ready and willing to rip those two "adults" a new one.. But Chris and Mom talked me out of it.. Boo on that, because it would have been a good one! I was LIVID.
Once the Heather ordeal was straightened out, it was time to head into town. From now on, I will look outside to see how windy it is BEFORE I choose to wear a dress! I was standing in the door of the Tahoe laughing hysterically because I couldn't let go of my dress long enough to lift Austynn into her carseat! Not good!
Well, it's time to put Cody back to bed. He had a bad dream about bears. Way to go, dear husband, for deciding we needed to put the bear-skin-rug on the wall...
What a week indeed! Thank you for being there for your "little" sister. Know what you mean about being so far away ... we feel that, too ... and not as young and able to help as we'd like to be! Love you to the max!
ReplyDeleteMaybe convince him that the Bear on the wall will protect him from all of the other bears out there! That "his" bear is a "protector" bear =)
ReplyDelete