Austynn turned 2 in April. She loves to get pretty, but has no problem holding her own with the boys =) She loves to color (specifically with sidewalk chalk), has a serious obsession with Minnie Mouse, loves to look at books, and loves proving that anything boys can do, she can do better. Cody plays with the Hotwheels, she tells him what kind of cars they are. Seriously. Mustang, Bronco, Camaro, Baracuda, Charger... She can tell you which one is which, and what color each one is.
Living in Coleville, CA doesn't leave much to do. People don't realize how far out in the middle of nowhere we actually live. Even though we are in Military housing, Chris still has to drive 30 miles to the South to get to Base in the mornings, and we have to drive 40-50 miles to the North to get to "town." Gardnerville, Nevada (40 miles), is the first town with a normal-priced gas station, banks, and fast food. It does have 3 big grocery stores, but they are INSANELY expensive. Which brings us to the 50 mile drive into Carson City, Nevada. We do our grocery shopping at the Super Walmart there, because the price difference inside the store is more than worth the additional fuel consumption. Plus, they have my beloved Dutch Bros Coffee Co. =) That in itself is enough reason to drive 10 extra miles! Ok, not really. But it's definitely a plus!
On the "nothing to do" note... Thank heaven we're not city people, because literally, the only thing to do here, is go a hop-skip-and-a-jump across the valley to the shooting range (open area with a hill behind it that people go to shoot, nothing special at all...), or hit the Walker River, Lake Topaz, or Twin Lakes to go fishing.. Since we're only allowed to buy one box of ammo at a time (thank you Obama), it takes 10 minutes to go through a box, and it's too far into town to buy more, that doesn't happen as often as I'd like. But Chris has been going fishing with our neighbor, Justin, a lot lately. My freezer officially has 20+ Trout in it. I'm not really a huge fan of fish, but Dad taught me how to cook it so it's tollerable...
I've made a few really good friends here, but not without plenty of difficulty. I swear, living in Military housing is worse than being back in High School sometimes. You would think 28 year olds would have their crap together, but apparently they feel the need to act like they're 14, and I would rather be by myself than surround myself with all of the ridiculous immaturity.
Speaking of the good friends... We have made it our mission to go lay on the beach at the lake (5 minutes down the highway) and soak up the sunshine once a week. No kids. No husbands. Just relaxation =)
All of these pictures are recent. But if you don't understand why there are winter jackets in one, and bathing suits in another... Allow me to explain that the weather here is CRAZY. 80 degrees one day, snowing 2 days later. It can't make up its mind. And it's rather annoying..
Ok, I seriously love you for blogging. And I hate you for being skinny and beautiful =) That is why I call you my best friend! LOVE you!
ReplyDeleteYou hush your mouth Amanda Lyn! I love you most!
ReplyDelete