It's been pretty toasty here the past few days. It's about time! I was beginning to think we were never going to see summer weather! My tomato plants are much enjoying the sun! =) The yard is looking fabulous, because thanks to my Dear Momma... I'm a professional sprinkler mover hahaha. Seriously though, housing tells me not to leave the sprinklers going in any one spot for more than 5 minutes. I'm like, "Ummm, what? They run all night long at home!" I will say though, the ground here definitely doesn't absorb water like it does at home.. So I compromise at an hour per section of grass =) I find it a wee bit comical that the only two people on my street who actually water their grass religiously, are me, and the people across the street who also came from 29 Palms. What can I say, we hate sand and ugliness! =)
Momma and Daddy, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember our old swamp cooler making the whole house feel damp and sticky?? Our cooler puts out some seriously cold air, but dear goodness it makes the house feel disgusting. I don't remember our cooler in 29 Palms feeling like this either. And at least that one was run through all the ducting, and the air came out in all rooms, not just the one hole in the wall in the livingroom. Upstairs gets really hot during the day, and the only way to cool it off at least a little bit at night, is to leave the cooler running downstairs, and crack a window upstairs. By the time the alarm goes off at 6am, it's at least at a tolerable temp upstairs, but downstairs, its cold enough to kick the heater on at SIXTY. Which now that I think about it, may be why it wasn't any cooler than tolerable upstairs... Because the heater had been kicked on. Definitely have to check that out.. Anyways, now we just have to make sure the doors and windows stay closed and keep all the heat out during the day!
As annoying as the crazy shifts Chris has to work are, they become worth it when he's home before noon every now and then =) Sooo, I think I'll go try to con him into helping me fold laundry. (HATE HATE HATE folding laundry. Like, more than any other chore there is...)
More pictures to come when I find my camera that Cody lost somewhere!!
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment