First off, I'm sorry for going so long between posts.. It has been an interesting few weeks. By now, I'm pretty sure everybody knows what is going on, but to try to keep the telephone game down to a minimum, here is the Reader's Digest Version...
Chris and I are getting un-married. (I hate the D word. So, "un-married" it is.) This is not a sudden, non-thought-out, heat of the moment decision, it has been a long time coming. Putting it simply, we bring out the worst in each other, and that is not the kind of environment I want our kids growing up in. It is not fixable. We have been trying to fix it for years, and have gotten nowhere. Chris and I are on very civil terms, and plan to keep it that way. In all honesty, we are probably getting along better, now that we are separated, than we have in almost a year. We both would rather have our kids grow up with two happy divorced parents than two miserable married ones. Thankfully, they are young enough that they don't understand what is going on. They are just excited about being at Grammie and Grampie's house with the horses and big yard.
So. The kids and I are holding down the fort at Mom and Dad's for the summer. I truly am fine, so please don't ask. This is the happiest I've been in a very long time, and I'm going to get on with life. As is Chris. We will just be doing it separately.
That's all for now...
Not that I haven't said this before... but I LOVE YOU!!!!!! And I am super proud of you, and Chris for that matter for being so civil and keeping it together for the kids! MUAH!
ReplyDeleteLove you to the max, sweetie pie! And to the long list of things for which I am proud of you, add the fact that you are so strong, so sensible, and looking to the future in a positive frame of mind!
ReplyDelete